Hi,
Thanks everyone! :)
I've installed couchdb on a Linux VPS. I cloned the git repository and
compiled it from source but I haven't created any databases yet. I've
looked through the /share/doc/src rst files as well as the sphinx conf.py
file. How I plan on implementing this is to use the following to gather the
changes.
-The rst files from /share/doc
-The git commit messages obtained using git-python
-Information from JIRA tickets by using the python client for the JIRA REST
API
I'm thinking of implementing this a separate python script that will be
integrated with the Makefile in such a way that executing "make changes"
will execute the script.
Once the required data is obtained from the rst files,the JIRA tickets and
the commit logs, it'll be written as an rst file. This intermediary rst
file can then be used by sphinx to create HTML.

Here's the path I intend to follow:
-Create a python script that collects the data from multiple sources and
compiles it to an intermediary form (rst?)
-Configure sphinx's conf.py so that it takes the rst file and creates an
HTML output. An alternative would be to use docutils to do the same.
-Modify the Makefile to call the python script whenever "make changes" is
executed.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong in any of the assumptions. Looking
forward to working with you guys! :)
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <d...@jsonified.com>
wrote:
> I wonder if Alex or Dirkjan might be interested in co-mentoring this,
> I can take care of paperwork & stuff, but I'm not in a position to
> offer useful technical guidance as I'm not a pythoneer yet.

I'm happy to review Python code for this project.

Cheers,

Dirkjan