On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <d...@jsonified.com> wrote:
>> I agree, dmg is the first choice for everyone, but if CouchDB is available
>> through MacPorts, Fink, Homebrew or even Rudix who do not mention them?
>
> +1. Let's make it as easy as pie to get on the couch.
>
> Filippo, would you like to send in a patch to update these?
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/master/share/doc/src and how-to
> is here
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/share/doc/src/contributing.rst
> should cover how to do this.

Better to send it against:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/1781-reorganize-and-improve-docs/share/doc/src

There is special article about Mac installation, so it would be easy
to concentrate on the problem to provide better content.
Also, while you're reading docs at my local mirror, you may hit "Edit
on GitHub" button to quick send PR with fixes.

Hope to finish some few base things till 1.4 votes (thanks for Dirkjan
vacations, it's not too late for docs updates, right?) before merge
it.

--