On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <d...@jsonified.com> wrote:
> Would there be any objections to pushing minor doc fixes & additions directly
> to master?

No! In fact, I was doing that already even before 1.3.1 came out, I think.

> The quicker we can get updates out into docs.couchdb.org, the better.
>
> To be clear, I'm not suggesting that major changes like Alex's branch should
> just go straight in.

We talked about this in IRC today, but I'll reiterate here for those
who missed that: I think Alex's work on the docs branch is awesome,
but I feel like the branch has dragged on for way too long. This means
uncounted users have gotten worse documentation than they could have
gotten, because we were still tweaking some little thing or not quite
satisfied with the language somewhere. While this kind of thing can be
unavoidable with code, where there's much more complexity to deal
with, documentation isn't like that, and we shouldn't treat it like
that. Documentation patches should go straight to master or on very
short-lived feature branches.

Cheers,

Dirkjan