On 10 November 2013 23:33, Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> thanks again!

I have just changed your zip a bit, and now the project has templates. I
have also run "update_against_templates" and a couple of performance
utilities, so now you are ready to go. If a lot of the messages have "work
need to be done" == fuzzy in .po, then its because of the templates.
Somehow some of the language files contained different msgid's (maybe there
were made based on different versions), at least I did some cleanup work
(just write it on my project merit tab :-)

Please remember the work order I explained, it makes life so much easier
for you. When the project is ready, I can help design your process or just
review it, of course only if the project wants it.

have fun.
rgds
jan I.

> On 10 November 2013 23:17, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Forgot.
>>
>> It late here (southern spain), but I will try to upload the templates
>> sometime tomorrow.
>>

> same here (in Hamburg Germany ;-) )

Hamburg, I used to come there a lot when I was kid. I am borne and raised
in Denmark, Nakskov, the island "lolland" where the ferries sail to
puttgarten.

Nowadays I live in spain, after having base in vienna for a long period.

>> rgds
>> jan I.

>>> Kein problem (bin fast wiener nebenbei).
>>>

> ah ... gut ;-)
>

>>  Jan, please find attached the zip file with the .pot files. Russian and

>>> Yes, you add new languages in the admin menu, if you come across a
>>> language I have not setup, then give me a mail.
>>>
>>> You confuse me (and maybe also yourself).
>>>

> both is true - but now clear ;-)
>

>>  .pot files are only uploaded ONCE, every time the sources changes, NOT
>>> pr language.
>>>
>>  the directory structure is (simplified)
>>>
>>> templates:
>>>       xyz.pot
>>> ru:
>>>       xyz.po
>>> de:
>>>      xyz.po
>>> it:
>>>     xyz.po
>>>
>>> and when the text in the source changes, you extract and upload 1 new
>>> xyz.pot file, then run "update against templates" which will:
>>> depending on content of new xyz.pot do the following to ru/xyz.po
>>> de/xyz.po fr/xyz.po
>>> - add all new msgid with empty msgstr (non translated)
>>> - remove deleted msgid
>>> - mark changed msgid with fuzzy  (needs work).
>>>

> ok got it . I am, still new to  all this. But with your help the picture
> becomes drawn ;-)
>
>  please remember the workflow
>>> 1) extract .pot for original languge
>>> 2) update, translate etc
>>> 3) copy .po files to the source tree, and commit them (for release build)