We came to an agreement on what "[NOTICE]" means in this thread:

http://markmail.org/message/o27dls6t3pqtxjew

The first paragraph in this thread was:

"This is a notice that I am going to assume lazy consensus on the
proposal to create a marketing@ list. If you have a formal objection
to raise, please do so now, and I will move this to a vote."

I am giving the project NOTICE of my intentions, and allowing a window
of time for people to object and block my work.

10 emails and 1961 words later, and I've still not received an actual objection.

If nobody objects, I will move forward.

Andy interprets this as "forcing", and I can see why it might look
like that without context. But I prefer to see it as efficient
decision making in the face of unresolvable differences of opinion.

We have a procedure for making decisions on the project. I am
following it. I've made my proposal. You can now object to it if you
like. It shouldn't need lengthy discussion.

"Filibustering" is not a section in our bylaws!

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater