On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Nicolas Dufour <nrduf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dirkjan,
>
> Speaking of the merge, is there any updates for both (rcouch and bigcouch)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicolas
>

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
> wrote:
>
> > Following up to the 2013 retrospective thread:
> >
> > - Get more commit activity, especially in the core
> > - Merge the forks (rcouch and bigcouch)
> > - Improve the release process to make it take less work/time

There have been some  progress on both branches. But for now all the work
happened in parallel without too much consultations from each others parts
(ie Cloudant and me). Recent commits in the bigcouch branch redoing some
work already done in rcouch (coming from a 2 years experience) let me think
it's about time to start a new branch to start the real merge. Hopefully we
will be able to manage a meeting soon to organize the work between all the
devs around.

About rcouch

I will have finished the merge by tomorrow. Last week I finished to
refactor the view changes so it can be easily included in the current
couchdb and be embedded in other Erlang applications. What still need to be
done are the following:

- replace couch.app.src.escript by couch.app.src to fix errors with
travis-ci
- replace logging by lager
- add the erlang vm stats
- add validate_on_read