From: Jan Lehnardt (mailto:j...@apache.org)
Reply: dev@couchdb.apache.org >(mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org)
Date: 31. August 2014 at 21:43:50
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org Developers >(mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org)
Subject: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

> Heya,
>
> I’ve made Mac binaries for the ongoing 1.6.1 vote:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jan/dist/packages/mac/1.6.1/
>
> Testing as usual:
>
> - Download
> - Test signatures
> - Double click to unzip
> - Double click to start (make sure no other couch is running on port 5984)
> - Futon should open up in your browser. Navigate to “Verify Installation”,
> and then verify your installation.
>
> Do report the results :)
>
> Note: This is baed on a completely new build process that is dependent on
> Homebrew. This will make it possible for anyone to make binaries, and we will
> even be able to make binaries as part of the CI setup, so we can get test
> binaries for every commit. This should get users testing bugfixes early on! :)
>
> I’ll write it all up and link it when I’ve got it all together.

+1 sig, sha, md5, verify relaxation.

LGTM Jan, thanks.

wrt to build process, there are some thing we could prune out, like libtool,
aclocal & friends in ./Contents/Resources/couchdbx-core/share/ looking

I also tested homebrew before leaving, I’ll send a PR through for that when the
release is announced.

—
Dave Cottlehuber
d...@jsonified.com