Have you ever played "Dungeons and Dragons"?

I think the "yes-and" style is more about continuing the momentum of the
conversation, and also having fun!

The "yes-and" style is independent of your opinion about the matter, or the
facts of its consequences. To me, it is about being Socratic: say "Sure!"
and then ask what the next steps are, or what the expected consequences
will be.

For example, in the oauth2 discussion, I think Jan used a bit of "yes-and"
style, when he said "Yes, let's keep oauth2, provided a developer fixes its
bugs; otherwise not." And I think the community collectively answered:
"Yes, let's throw it out."