This will never end...

First, this thread goes to be offtopic with unrelated flame discussion
about anything, but not new shiny JS rewrites. If you want to
continue, please start new thread - this will help to sort all the
things.

Second, let's stop call things broken, dead end, doomed, without solid
references. If we have things broken - let's file issues about. If
things comes to the dead end, let's discuss how we can get them out of
it , if our features has some problems - let's find solution for them.
JIRA is a good place to accumulate all the bugs and missed features,
ideas and proposals could be widely explained in CWiki.

Third, (that would short list), let's calm down and stop speak in
absolute or ultimate way as like as involve emotions to the
discussion. All this will never help to find a middle ground.

Fourth, (ok, I lied), I almost get ready to take responsibility for
maintaining CouchApp feature and related stuff, but so far in all
recent the discussions that happened here and on marketing@ about I
didn't found no well formed proposal what to do except this one. How
can we fix the feature if there is no strait forward plan for it?
There is no any strategy for CouchApps future by now except "fix known
bugs". Without strategy, without plan there is no feature that can
evolve effectively. It seems like that the most interested people in
CouchApp feature are not CouchDB devs, but users community. So:

    Dear, Community.

    We have JIRA for bugs and features, we have CWiki for proposals,
RFC and finally we're the devs. You have ideas, needs, use cases,
practice and the strong will.

    Let's cooperate!

Because until this JS rewrites proposal there was only meaningless
talks. Ermouth did all right that he started with the something and
even made propotype of his ideas. It's sad that we have a quite
complicated testing routines, but I'm happy to help finish his feature
and made PR for the final discussion. That's how I see we can work.
But to do this, we need to stop dream about far future, stop waste our
time in endless talks "what couchapps is and what their future" and
start build that future right now.

Useful link for you all:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB
- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Enhancement+Proposals
(if you need access bit, please ask with your cwiki login)

Thanks! And may the force be with you!

--