Jan, appreciate all your dedication to CouchDB and followup. We will try to help with docs (working right now F26 specific instructions with systemd setup)

Target: Fedora 26

We cleaned up all previous version cruft and compiled again (without sudo)

./configure  => passed

make release => compiled => success => created rel/couchdb folder okay

compile warnings:

src/couch_replicator/src/couch_replicator_doc_processor.erl: 426 (and 439) random module is deprecated use 'rand' module instead

src/couch/src/couch_btree.erl: 399 variable 'NodeList' exported from 'case'

src/couch/src/couch_compaction_daemon.erl: 202 variable 'ViewsMonRef' exported from 'case'

src/couch_epi/src/couch_epi_codegen.erl: 78 erl_scan:token_info/2: removed in 19.0 use erl_scan {category, column,line,location,symbol,text} instead

src/setup/src/setup_epi.erl: 16 behaviour couch_epi_plugin undefined

src/mochiweb/src/mochiweb_session.erl : crypto: rand_bytes/1 is deprecated use crypto:strong_rand_bytes/1

src/folsom/src/folsom_sample_slide_uniform.erl:48 (and 52, 67, 76 ) random module is deprecated use rand module instead

src/folsom/src/couch_multidb_changes.erl:305 random module is deprecated use rand module instead

src/ioq/src/ioq.erl: 139 random module is deprecated use rand module instead

src/snappy/snappy.cc: 1401 comparison between signed and unsigned integer expresssions [Wsign-compare] if (offset - lu < op_ptr_ -op_base)