I can see all of 3, 4, and 6 month release cycles. Before committing
to this I'd like to see what the current process is like and how much
"work" is actually involved. Theoretically if this were a "bump
version number, write email, push button" sort of situation then I'd
be quite happy going this route. However if there's hours of manual
work then it gets to be a little more of a PITA. Also, automating most
of it would hopefully prevent different committers from doing releases
slightly differently.

So, +1 to the general idea with the caveat that I'd like to look more
at the tooling before making it a project commitment.