Hi,

Thanks. I'll make another attempt to sway others, and I'd like to hear
from more people on this thread.

I don't see the harm in this, it would rarely if ever be invoked, and
it allows us to point to a concrete, solid action we have taken to
ensure we don't have a runaway project in the future. I would think
it could be a guiding light for other ASF projects that have lost their
way (where we, I continue to assert, have not).

Remember that votes on RFCs are the *committer* community, not the PMC.
I'd be shocked if the PMC remained entirely silent on a proposal, but
it indeed could be possible that committers could get an RFC together
"while the PMC isn't looking" (say, over a holiday). Granted it'd be in
bad form, and the PMC could still take steps to correct things after
the action,  but it'd be annoying to deal with.

Again all I am trying to do here is put in a limiter in case the PMC
and committer base /were/ to get stacked against the community. If that
were to occur, your argument that the PMC could step in at that point
is moot, because the PMC would already be stacked in that direction.
This would protect the community from the negative effects of that
happening.

-Joan