Great! Excited to get help.

Here's the release procedure:

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Release+Procedure

Make sure you have wiki access, your Apache creds should get you in.

The most valuable thing you can do is make sure all of the PRs that we
want to land, have landed. Review all in-progress PRs and see if any
more need to land on 3.x. Also, look for any important backports from
main, though with fdb finally having landed, this will be more limited
than previously. This usually takes a week or two.

I get the most enjoyment out of doing the release notes, personally, but
if you'd like to do it instead, go for it. Have a look at the last few
releases to see the level of detail I've been including. (Plus at least
one joke, which may or may not be funny.) I'll try and start on this
tomorrow.

-Joan