> It looks like Apache RAT 0.8 uses standard Java wildcard regex file
> matching, whereas the original RAT used a different set of wildcard
> meta-characters - more like the syntax used by Maven and Ant.

Unfortunately, in this particular case, there is no such thing like "Rat",
but there are

a) the Rat Maven Plugin (uses Plexus Utils internally, hence Maven style)
b) the Rat Ant Tasks (uses Ant pattern matcher internally, hence Ant style)
c) the Rat CLI, which probably uses native Java patterns (dunno)

My suggestion would be to switch to either Ant, or Maven anyways. (At
least, I assume that Allura has got a build script.)

Jochen

--
"That's what prayers are ... it's frightened people trying to make friends
with the bully!"

Terry Pratchett. The Last Hero