My thought here was that there are a number of applications that use custom
licenses (Actually they are licenses that we don't have by default).  It
would  be nice if there was a repository of contributed licenses that could
be updated at a difference cadence than the core code.  There are at least
2 tickets that I know of that were looking for new licenses to be defined.
I think that it might encourage more participation.

RAT-373 is looking for specific file types so that we can test the Tika
based parser.  I don't have those and don't know how to create them.

RAT-370 is about creating performance tests so that we can see if we are
significantly impacting the run time.

For example RAT-46 is asking for a PHP license check.  Under this change we
would create a PHP.xml file that describes the PHP license(s) and place it
in the shared space.  Then users who want that license can download the
file and add it to the processing as follows:

   - CLI : --licenses PHP.xml
   - Maven : in pom
   <additionalLicenseFiles>PHP.xml</additionalLicenseFiles>  (there is not
   command line option for this but it could  be added during harmonization
   (RAT-323)
   - Ant: <setLicenses><file file='PHP.xml' /></setLicenses>

The advantage I want to try to push is that you define the thing once and
can use it with any that supports the core '--licenses' option.

I think we can do the same sort of thing with exclusion files.  So you can
develop an exclusion file that handles any SCCS.

Note: for harmonization I want to produce a table of CLI commands and
equivalent commands in Maven and Ant.  But that takes some harmonization.

Claude