Tim,

I just had to chime in on a comment you made.    My deadline has been extended
a bit on my pressing issue but I do intend to get back to testing per VJ's fix
or maybe another fix is in the works based on latest emails...I need to read
them again since a lot has been stated on the issue.

Okay, as a new user (working w/cTAKES since October) I have never thought what
you had stated:

 "And I think this is the kind of thing that can leave new users scratching
their heads and doubting our overall competence."

Yeah, the sentence-spanning-newline issue was a problem so I just brought
attention to it by my post of inquiry earlier this month on VJ's fix from last
month and worked around it with treating narrative as one string.

Anyone who's looked at the code would appreciate and acknowledge that cTAKES is
a powerful and complex application.  I'm overall impressed with it and I intend
to continue to use it, improve it, and grow with it.  I've been delving deeper
into cTAKES on the machine learning aspect...I'm struggling a bit with it and
if anything I scratch my head and doubt my competence. ;-)

Regards,
Paula