On 01/27/2014 08:44 PM, Tim Miller wrote:

That is a good point, and something I was wondering about. Having now looked at both the ctakes and opennlp code for the sentence splitter it seems like there is a lot of overlap. I would've thought it was just a matter of converting annotations into our type system. So I'm curious if there is some justification for why there seems to be duplication (or if I'm hallucinating it).

It should be possible (and if not we should make it possible) to directly use the opennlp-uima integration. It supports dynamic types which can be mapped in the descriptor. This would also give you a smooth transition, your existing integration could be labeled as deprecated and be removed in one of the future releases.

Jörn