I can attach it here if attachments are allowed.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 7:23 PM Finan, Sean <
sean.fi...@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Hi Gandhi,
>
> That would be great!
>
> I think that an additional test would be useful and putting Peter's
> documentation on the wiki is important.
> Can you take one of those tasks?
> Or would you like to handle something else like point release prep, web
> site disclaimer, web site link update (to 4.1), etc.?
>
> Peter, is your documentation available only on your private (web)
> directory or do you have it someplace publicly available?
>
> Many thanks,
> Sean

Readme for UMLS auth

However you initialize your umls user, set the value to "umls_api_key"
However you initialize your umls pwd = put your API_KEY

Or you can dispense with user/password and simply set a JVM system property to
ctakes.umls_apikey=<YOUR API KEY>
or an environment variable ctakes.umls_apikey=<YOUR API KEY>
or an environment variable ctakes_umls_apikey=<YOUR API KEY>

from
desc/ctakes-dictionary-lookup/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml

desc/ctakes-side-effect/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotator_sideEffectUMLS.xml

desc/ctakes-clinical-pipeline/desc/analysis_engine/auto/defaultPipeline.xml
remove
      <nameValuePair>
        <name>ctakes.umlsaddr</name>
        <value>
          <string>https://uts-ws.nlm.nih.gov/restful/isValidUMLSUser</string>
        </value>
      </nameValuePair>
      <nameValuePair>
        <name>ctakes.umlsvendor</name>
        <value>
          <string>NLM-6515182895</string>
        </value>
      </nameValuePair>

from any
          resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/*.xml
remove
      <property key="umlsUrl"
value="https://uts-ws.nlm.nih.gov/restful/isValidUMLSUser"/>
      <property key="umlsVendor" value="NLM-6515182895"/>

I haven't tried it with auth values in the piper files, but it does work with
the environment variable and system properties.  For instance, here is an
excerpt how I launch mine - using the sysprops.

UMLS_USER=umls_api_key
UMLS_PASSWORD="<my api key here>"
/usr/bin/java -cp
"${MSPK}/target/ucsf_main.1.1.3.jar":"${MSPK}/desc":"${MSPK}/resources":"${MSPK}/ctakes_rel_lib/*":"${MSPK}/lib/*":"${MSPK}/extras/ctakes_auth/target/ctakes_auth.jar"
 \
  -Dlog4j.configuration=file:${MSPK}/config/log4j.xml \
  -Dctakes.dailyLimit=0 \
  -Dctakes.umlsuser="$UMLS_USER" \
  -Dctakes.umlspw="$UMLS_PASSWORD" \
  -Dctakes.resizeIp="127.0.0.1" \
         -Xms8g -Xmx8g  -Xverify:none -Xshare:off  org.ucsf.Main $*