Hi Dan,

I have included a first exception. It looks like this:

org.apache.cxf.common.i18n.Message msg = new org.apache.cxf.common.i18n.Message("INSUFFICIENT_CONFIGURATION_CONDUIT", LOG, name);
throw new ConfigurationException(msg);

This looks extremly ugly as Message is already imported either as a CXF message or a JMS message. It will be even uglier when the code formatter has done its work.

Is it necessary that the Message is built with new? CanĀ“t we simply do something like this: throw new ConfigurationException("INSUFFICIENT_CONFIGURATION_CONDUIT", LOG, name);

We could add this Constructor to UncheckedException.

Greetings

Christian

Daniel Kulp schrieb:
I'd definitely prefer if the excpetion was on of the I18N things. A LARGE chunk of our users are actually from China. According to google analytics, China is #2 after the US. It's definitely important to keep the option open to make this stuff localizable. ESPECIALLY for configuration things where a non-developer might need to make changes. More "admin" like tasks. Note: if you have a Logger, you already have the bundle. The i18n message can take the Logger instead of the bundle.

Dan

--

Christian Schneider
---