In other words, without trying to make this too convoluted, my question is do you guys use your
own implementation of JAX-RS (instead of Jersey etc.).

Thanks again

Demetris wrote:

Hi Sergey,

I followed up on your info below in the distribution baseline - thanks, things are making a bit
more sense now.

Can I conceivably run this particular REST GreeterService and its client on any OSGi Web Server (how about Knopflerfish) with the JAX-RS libraries. I do see you are using Felix and
Equinox in your examples so I am assuming the answer is yes.
What do you guys add to such a service with the cxf-dosgi-ri-singlebundle-distribution_1.0.0? The reason I am asking is because I want to connect the REST service with its client by
over p2p instead of over HTTP.

Thanks

Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
Hi

Have a look please at

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/trunk/samples/greeter_rest/

it is indeed virtually identical to a soap based greeter demo but
the difference is here :

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/trunk/samples/greeter_rest/int
erface/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/dosgi/samples/greeter/rest/GreeterSe
rvice.java

(note JAXRS annotations)

and here :

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/trunk/samples/greeter_rest/int
erface/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/dosgi/samples/greeter/rest/GreeterSe
rvice2.java

(has no annotations at all) but GreeterService2 uses this model :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/trunk/samples/greeter_rest/int
erface/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/cxf/jaxrs/GreeterService2-model.xml

some more info is here :

http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi-reference.html#DistributedOSGiRef
erence-ServiceProviderpropertiesForConfiguringRESTfulJAXRSbasedendpoints
andconsumers

hope it helps
Sergey