Hi Tomasz

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Tomasz Oponowicz <
tomasz.oponow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sergey,
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I've finally managed to spend a day today working on Windows, and I did
> get
> > the exception when using IE too, though, IE itself does subscribe to the
> log
> > feed without problems.
>
> Grrrr.... I will investigate this one. Can you provide stack trace and
> other details (use case, browser version etc.) ?

The exception was something to do with "null", I'll need to run the browser
in the dev mode to get more details.
It's Windows XP/IE7

> > There's definitely something unstable there which is a pity, it's been a
> > great effort from Tomasz and with the ability to search the logs, it's a
> > feature to miss, it could've been used nicely in conjunction with the the
> > push logging, i.e. critical events are reported asap and then an admin
> can
> > do a more through analysis of the logs, rather than having all log MBs
> sent
> > across the network
> >
> > But it does look it works for some people, so we just need to document a
> bit
> > how to use it as a Maven dependency, untill we figure out what is
> happening,
> >
> > Tomasz, can you give me a favor please and update the LogBrowser page
> > with few lastest images as I can't get them myself ? I will add some info
> > the Migration Guide (Maven deps, how to set things up, etc).
>
> Good point. I will update it.

Please - a couple of snapshots, with some description on how to add a new
endpoint, will help.

> > One thing I'm thinking about is we basically get rid of GWT code dealing
> > with showing the lists of log entries (top-right panel) and just use HTML
> > returned from the log feed. GWT will only be used to offer the list of
> > endpoints, filters, etc, and may be in time we can just replace GWT with
> > something lighter/simpler.
>
> If you decide that GWT is too big overweight for such a simple task, I
> can rewrite this using Javascript/JQuery/HTML (but firstly let's fix
> this bug).

OK. I'll try to get more details. And may be you can reproduce something

> > Tomasz, AtomPullServer has getAlternateFeed and getAlternateEntry methods
> > and they serve HTML as opposed to XML feeds.
> > RSSBandit reader on Windows is very good in that it shows alternate feeds
> > and entries properly.
> > I think GWT should have some browser support, so if you could make the
> > top/right panel a browser window which will only show the alternate
> content,
> > as part of the frame, such that whenever log entry links are clicked, the
> > output is directed to the right-bottom pane..
> > Do you think it will make sense ?
>
> Firstly I will try to fix the bug in the normal way but if there won't
> be any other solution I will replace current implementation with
> "getAlternateFeed" and "getAlternateEntry".
>
> I will update documentation and fix the bug on Monday.

Great, please update the docs if you can.

Thanks, Sergey