Hi Sergey,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tomasz
>
> thanks for your effort, comments inline,
>
>> At the moment URL looks like:
>>

>> <endpoint_url>s?_s=date=ge=2011-03-07;date=lt=2011-03-07;level==DEBUG,level==INFO,level==WARN,level==ERROR
>>

> There is one more update needed:
>
> _s=date=ge=2011-03-07;date=lt=2011-03-07;(level==DEBUG,level==INFO,level==WARN,level==ERROR)
>
> Please note the brackets around the multiple OR level condition. So the
> above says "all the records within the given date range *and* its level
> equal to INFO *or* DEBUG, etc"
>
> Can you do a sanity check please and confirm that only those filter fields
> which are selected are added to the URI ?
> Example, if the filter becomes empty then the query is set to null/empty
> value, if only the 'from'  date field selected then it is
>
> _s=date=lt=2011-03-07
>
> only. And yes, the message value should have '*' symbols on both ends of the
> entered value....

Done.

Some variations from current implementation:

/log/logs?_s=phrase==*test%20test*;date=ge=2011-03-17;date=lt=2011-03-07;(level==INFO,level==WARN)
/log/logs?_s=phrase==*test*;date=ge=2011-03-17;date=lt=2011-03-07;(level==INFO,level==WARN)
/log/logs?_s=level==INFO,level==WARN
/log/logs?_s=date=ge=2011-03-23

>> Done.
>>
> Brilliant - please be assured that we will discuss the issue of the
> authentication and the use of HTTPs later on, in due time.
>
> One thing I noticed in your merge email is that it said that storing the
> user settings in the local cache was also removed. But we should actually
> keep it ? So that after we start the browser again it remembers the
> information about the endpoints ? If you did remove this code then please
> restore it...

At the moment it works like:

- Start application;
- Load settings from BootStrapStorage web service to memory (later we
use settings from memory);
- There is synchronization with BootStrapStorage when you
add/remove/edit endpoint;

...this solution is according to your quote:

"
I think it makes sense to keep the list of endpoints and the filter
properties the current user has created. *But*, these settings just
need to shared across multiple restarts of
the browser between all the users. This is because I don't really
think it is realistic that one user
will want to see EndpointA only,  the other one, EndpointB, etc.
So lets keep it - I'm not worried about many users using different
browsers for checking the logs of the single server :-)
"

...I think it's a good idea - users can share settings.

I don't consider filter options as settings. It's something per user
and only during the session.

--
Best regards,
Tomasz Oponowicz