Actually, I can see you modifying the code for explicit Maps be
supported as well.

That is not a bad idea but I'd prefer for one issue (to do with
parameter beans containing Map fileds) addressed first.

Explicit Maps can be supported right now (a bit of work is needed to
register ParameterHandler to capture Form, query or path values or
XmlJavaTypeAdapter to capture say XML payload).

Please, simplify the patch a bit so that only a 'FormParam(""),
QueryParam(""),  or PathParam("") Map' case can be supported

thanks, Sergey