Hi Christian
We currently have a transports/common project that only contains the
gzip feature.
As this feature is even used from core I propose we move it there and
remove the whole transports/common module.

As far as I recall the gzip feature was in transports/http originally and then there was a demand for GZIP be supported at the JMS level...

I proposed to move it to transports/common as opposed to rt/core, it does not seem to belong to the core really, as it's a very transport specific feature

I would like to change the package name from
org.apache.cxf.transport.common.gzip to org.apache.cxf.gzip. To remain
compatible I would leave a copy of the classes
in the old package with @Deprecated annotation.

I'd still propose to scope 'gzip', may be not with 'common' but with something else

Cheers, Sergey

Christian