We could of course also have a spearate module for gzip.

At a time we talked about moving some more HTTP-centric interceptors from rt/core to transports/common, may be fastinfoset ones.

Dan may have more ideas, I recall him referring to this common module.

The reason why I think about moving it to core is that it just contains
3 classes and does not have additional dependencies.

I've just moved a cors code from the jaxrs module, it does have 3 classes at the moment only but it does not quite belong to the main jaxrs module.

rt/core can become quite lumpy, not a big issue probably...

Basically I like the idea to separate modules on the architecture level.
On the runtime level I doubt though that any user would mind having
these classes
available every time.

About a prefix for the gzip classes. I also thought about what could be
suitable. Of course gzip is kind of on the transport level but it is no
transport. So perhaps it is a kind of a transformation or encoding.

'encoding' or 'common.encoding' sounds good to me

thanks, Sergey

Christian