Hi
On 30/01/12 19:29, Daniel Kulp wrote:
On Monday, January 30, 2012 11:56:06 AM Christian Schneider wrote:
We could of course also have a spearate module for gzip.
The reason why I think about moving it to core is that it just contains
3 classes and does not have additional dependencies.

Basically I like the idea to separate modules on the architecture level.
On the runtime level I doubt though that any user would mind having
these classes
available every time.

About a prefix for the gzip classes. I also thought about what could be
suitable. Of course gzip is kind of on the transport level but it is no
transport. So perhaps it is a kind of a transformation or encoding.

I really have some mixed opinions on this.    In "API" we have some similar
features similar to the gzip feature that really could be grouped into this,
but we have that split-package issue.   For example, the FastInfosetFeature
kind of falls into the same basic idea and could likely be grouped into a
separate "features" bundle, but because we stuck it in org.apache.cxf.feature,
I have to leave it API.  :-(   (and the fact that the implementation of the
feature lives in org.apache.cxf.interceptor, also in API)

One positive from dropping this module is that we will have 1 less module, and as Christian pointed out it won't affect users directly.
I guess it means the simpler config of features too...

Possible cons is that rt/core will start accumulating some more or less common transport-specific code - but may be indeed some more material is needed before getting a transport-specific module created for good...

Not sure :-). Whatever makes it better for 2.6 is good for me :-)

Cheers, Sergey

Dan

Christian