maybe this is just a guess, but shouldn't adding those referenced
schemas to the relevant BP namespace handlers's schema lookup code
would solve this look up problem? I think those schemas were not
included there because we don't directly use those namespaces in
blueprint.xml.

the relative path problem in spring is strange. I didn't observe this
problem in 2.7.7 when I ran those spring based unit tests without the
network. And we were using a relative path in some schemas (e.g.,
wsrm-manager.xsd) for a long time.

regards, aki