On Jan 27, 2014, at 4:17 AM, Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
wrote:

> I just cloned and checked out some of the tags and branches from cxf-test. I
> think it looks pretty good now.
> Should we do an official vote about the switch or can we already consider
> this discussion a consensus?

Lazy consensus is OK.   I certainly haven’t seen any objections.  If anyone has
concerns, please speak up.

> The other question is when to switch. I am in no hurry to do so. From my side
> after the 3.0.0-m2 sounds like a good date. It there anything I can help
> with? Perhaps coordinate with infra or do you want to do this Dan?

After M2, I’ll log an INFRA ticket and work with Jukka directly.   It’s a bit
more involved as we don’t want the current mirror repo to be used so it will
involve making the SVN repo read-only, running the commands to squash the
incubator stuff (takes  a couple hours), putting that new repo in place,
interacting with github to wipe out the old mirror there and restart, etc…
Jukka helped me figure out the commands for the squashing and such and would
likely be the one handling most of this anyway.

Note that the flip WILL require the repo to go read-only for some period of
time before we have the git repo fully setup.   Thus, we may be stuck for a day
or two.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp