> On Dec 8, 2019, at 9:17 PM, Jim Ma <mail2ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If both JAXB and JAX-WS changes, should cxf community join the effort to
> contribute and drive the jax-ws spec thing ?

Well, the issue is whom in the community CAN contribute and drive it.   With
Jakarta moving to Eclipse, it has also become “pay to play” if the company you
work for happens to also be an Eclipse sponsor.    As a concrete example, I
cannot participate in the Jakarta specs because my employer has decided that
the extra fee Eclipse wants to charge us to be part of the Jakarta specs is not
worth it for a variety of reasons.   Thus, Colm and I are left out.   With the
old JCP, individuals could participate with the Apache hat on, but my inquiry
about that option for the new Jakarta was met with a “not if their employer is
sponsoring Eclipse.”    Might have just been a shake down for more money or
something, but it left such a sour taste in my mouth that I didn’t pursue it
harder.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp