I just opened a PR which reverts a change which fixed a bug
(DAFFODIL-2626), but caused a number of regressions detected only by other
DFDL schemas such as NITF. (DAFFODIL-2666 and DAFFODIL-2662 are regressions
it caused.)

The original bug is preferable to these regressions.

This will get us closer to a releasable 3.3.0.