Great. Now, a related question: are there any inherent limitations in
the new database OOo 2.0 will be shipping with? I ask because that's
the most direct competitor to MS Access, so that's the comparison
people will be most interested in.

Cheers,
Daniel.

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 07:50:09AM +0100, Ocke Janssen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> OOo Base has no limitation of current connections. OOo Base is limited
> through the database you are using. Let's say, if your database you
> connect to only supports 3 connection, OOo Base is also allowed to
> connect three times. But we try to open as less connections as possible.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ocke
>
> Daniel Carrera wrote:
>
> >Hello Don,
> >
> >I'm CC'ing this email to the DBA list. They will know whether OOo Base
> >has any limit of concurrent connections. But like you say, there's no
> >reason to imagine that it would. I'll report back on the answer I get
> >from them.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Daniel.
> >

> >On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 12:08:15PM -0500, Don Parris wrote:
> >

> >>Greetings,
> >>
> >>MS Access is limited to a small number of concurrent connections (or
> >>used to
> >>be).  I believe Access limits you to 5 connections.  If OOo Base has
> >>no
> >>limit, that could really be useful to note in marketing materials,
> >>etc.  I
> >>just haven't seen anything on this, but thought I would raise the
> >>point, and
> >>hopefully find out at the same time whether there is such a limit
> >>with OOo
> >>Base.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Don
> >>--
> >>evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
> >>http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/
> >>"Free software is like God's love - you can share it with anyone
> >>anytime
> >>anywhere."

Daniel Carrera          | Rigorous reasoning from inapplicable
Join OOoAuthors today!  | assumptions yields the world's most
http://oooauthors.org   | durable nonsense.