Lawrence,

> > > By native I suspect you mean MyODBC. I get the exact same results using
> > > it as using unixODBC. Even the work around seems to work the same for
> > > both.

Nope, I was referring to the SDBC driver for OOo.   Should work much better
than ODBC on Linux.   What I find a shame is that making JDBC work with OOo
is such a pain (or at least, is for me in 1.1).   PostgreSQL has a
*excellent* JDBC driver and this would relieve Joerg of the need to maintain
an SDBC driver.

> I wrote all the parties concerned including Mandrake. Only OOo
> responded. Frankly, I am beginning to think of Mandrake as having or
> developing the attitudes of M$. It could not have cost them that much to
> even acknowledge receipt of the email.

I suspect it's a language problem.   You should submit the bug report in
French.     I'm a SuSE user, and find that I can't get any support in
English, either, without buying an Enterprise license.   Lets you know how
non-English speakers feel about community participation for most of OSS ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions