Hi Daniel,

>>- press F4
>>- select the desired table in the data source browser
>>- drag'n'drop a column header of your choice into the document, while
>>  holding Ctrl-Shift
> I can do all of these successfully. Thanks, that's more than what I had
> before.

fine :)

>>- switch off the design mode (in of the the two toolbars "Form Controls"
>>  and "Form Design")
> Okay, I managed to do this. I had a lot of trouble figuring out when design
> mode
> was "on" or "off".

Basically, when nearly all icons in our form/control related toolbars
are disabled, it's "off" :)

> The next thing I need to figure out his how to resize the 'entry box'. I
> don't
> know hat it's called. When you drag'n'drop the column header, you get a text
> box.
> (what's it called?).  I want to learn how to resize it.

What the DnD creates are in fact two controls (you can see this in the
"Form navigator", which you can open from the "Form Design" toolbar),
which are grouped together.

Ctrl-click onto the created control(s) to select only one of them,
simply click onto them to created the group to select the group as a whole.

>>"it's everything in the property browser. Try 'Control....' in the
>>context menu." :)
> What's the 'property browser'?
> How do I find the context menu that has the 'Control' entry?

Select a single control, and right-click onto it. This gives you the
context menu for the control, which should contain a "Control..." and a
"Form..." entry.

(If nothing happens when you chose this entry, you are probably working
with either m88 or m89. In this case, save the document, close it,
reopen it, and try again.)

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- Sun Microsystems, Inc.                http://www.sun.com/staroffice -
- OpenOffice.org Database Access            http://dba.openoffice.org -