Hi Andrew,

> A few questions regarding User accounts and the embedded HSQL database
> engine?
>
> I suppose I can boil it all down to - Will they be supported or not?

Users - maybe. At the moment, they aren't - as you rightly stated -, but
they might make sense.

Schemas - probably not. The "self-contained database" feature is
targeted at unexperienced users, and those would most probably be
confused when we throw terms like "schemas" at them (well, my dad
definately would). So, if we ever go to support schemas for the embedded
HSQLDB database, then we would need to be very careful to not alienate
large parts of our target user base.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -