hi Andrew, hi Frank
Am Mittwoch 02 November 2005 05.10 schrieb Andrew Douglas Pitonyak:
> Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
> >Hi Andrew,
> >
> >>I tried
> >>oTables = oCon.getTables()
> >>oTables.refresh()
> >>
> >>This did not work....
> >
> >This is surprising, since it's exactly what the Controller does
> > with its own connection when you dispatch the URL ...
> >
> >Ciao
> >Frank
>
> Initially, adding a table worked with oTables.refresh(), but
> delete did not. I performed a couple of iterations and then
> adding worked sometimes, and sometimes not. Using the dispatch
> ALWAYS
a strong word (in SW only used by inveterate optimists) :-)

> worked. All of the code that I use is found in this
> document:
> http://www.pitonyak.org/database/OOoBaseBinaryFields.odt
You start on the top of a DB, when do you think we see the bottom?

> There is a section titled: "Using SQL statements to modify
> tables". I show the code that I currently use to refresh the
> database document, and then the code that I use to remove and add
> tables... Not that it probably matters. Working hard to document
> things so that I will know how to do things that I think are
> cool! :-)
Your macros  'RefreshTables' and 'FindComponentWithURL' are as usual
helpfully, but -how perfidy- if you start OOo 'Help' just before
you start 'RefreshTables' , the 'oDocs.hasLocation' calls out
'Property or method not found'
No idea how to prevent...

Wolfgang