Hi Joerg,

Joerg Budischewski wrote:
Hi,

@Frank, Ocke: Can I influence somehow, how date literals are added to queries created in the design view ?
I'm sorry to say but it is at the moment not possible to turn this feature off. The method which is responsible for the date/datetime is in connectivity/source/parse/sqlnode.cxx
OSQLParser::buildNode_Date

There the parse nodes for the {D...} will be created. I don't know how other databases react when we change this code to create SQL 2003 conform expression. The {D...} format comes from the ODBC standard.

Best regards,

Ocke

@Moritz: You can deselect the "View/Switch on Design View On/Off" in the query designer and modify the query by hand (remove the '{D' and the '}'.

Bye,

Joerg

Moritz Rempel wrote:
Hi,

I connect with OO.org 2.0 to a postgresql DB via the postgresql sdbc
driver, ver. 0.7.1. Before I did it over ODBC, but had a problem with
auto-incremented primary keys, which was solved with this driver.

Unfortunately I have now run into another issue:

    Fehler-Code: 1

    pq_driver: [PGRES_FATAL_ERROR]ERROR:  syntax error at or near "{" at
    character  55
     (caused by statement 'SELECT * FROM "public"."SchoolSM" WHERE (
    "Termin1" =  {D '2006-06-16' } )')

It seems postgresql doesn't like the "{D" and "}" around the value.
Can I  prevent OpenOffice from adding those ?

thanks,
    Moritz

p.s. please CC me on answers as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Ocke Janssen                      Tel: +49 40 23646 661, x66661
Dipl. Inf(FH)                     Fax: +49 40 23646 550
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Nagelsweg 55                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-20097 Hamburg                   http://www.sun.com/staroffice

Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach. Albert Einstein