Hi Joerg,

>>We could probably introduce yet another per-data-source option, called
>>"Use ODBC-conformant dates in SQL expressions", default switched ON,
>>which controls this. Couldn't we?
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to make it  a driver property ? The checkbox
>   won't differ between datasources, that use the same driver.

We currently don't have an infrastructure for per-driver properties, but
one for per-data-source properties.

Also, at runtime you usually have a connection only. There's an
established way to retrieve the data source which created a connection
(by definition, and as documented in the css.sdb.Connection service, the
data source is the connection's parent), but no way to retrieve the
driver which created the connection.

Both isn't really a conceptual hurdle, we could invent something here.
However, the "data source property" concept already exists ...

On a medium term, I'd like to rewrite the way drivers are handled. This
would help us to get rid of the mess in dbaccess with a lot of
hard-coded information about different database/drivers, and also give
3rd party components (as yours) more control over how they're used in
OOo. This could include, for instance, defaults for per-data-source
settings which are defined by the driver ...

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -