Hi Frank,

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Jörg, Ocke,

@Frank, Ocke: Can I influence somehow, how date literals are added to
queries created in the design view ?

I'm sorry to say but it is at the moment not possible to turn this
feature off.
There the parse nodes for the {D...} will be created. I don't know how
other databases react when we change this code to create SQL 2003
conform _expression_. The {D...} format comes from the ODBC standard.

We could probably introduce yet another per-data-source option, called
"Use ODBC-conformant dates in SQL expressions", default switched ON,
which controls this. Couldn't we?

Yes, that would be an option which was in my mind as well.
Joerg, would you like to introduce such an option? :-)

-- OJ

Ocke Janssen                      Tel: +49 40 23646 661, x66661
Dipl. Inf(FH)                     Fax: +49 40 23646 550
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Nagelsweg 55                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-20097 Hamburg                   http://www.sun.com/staroffice

			Example isn't another way to teach,
			it is the only way to teach.
			Albert Einstein