Hi André,

sorry for the delay, missed yur mail completely yesterday ...

> | - If this doesn't work ... hmm. Debug into
> |   dbaccess/source/ui/misc/dsntypes.cxx, in particular
> |   initUserDriverTypes, and see whether your driver is listed there. If
> |   not, your DataAccess.xcu is wrong. If yes, debug the callers to see
> |   why your type is ignored later.
>
> I looked into the sources. But how can I debug into it?
> I only have my CVS-workspace with a compiled build and I use 'dmake'
> with my tcsh to build a package. ;-)

touch the files you want to debug (dbaccess/source/ui/misc/dsntypes.cxx,
as a first step), and do a "build debug=1" in the respective module. The
replace the libs in the installation with the ones generated in the
module (in this case: libdbu680*.so). Then use your favourite debugger :)

The interesting question in dsntypes.cxx is whether your type is read
from the configuration.

And now that I write this ... there might be an easier way. Run the
following Basic macro:

  Option Explicit

  Sub displayUserDefinedDriverNames
    Dim provider as Object
    provider = createUnoService( _
      "com.sun.star.configuration.ConfigurationProvider" )

    Dim arguments(0) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
    arguments(0).Name = "nodePath"
    arguments(0).Value = _
      "org.openoffice.Office.DataAccess/UserDefinedDriverSettings"

    Dim config as Object
    config = provider.createInstanceWithArguments( _
      "com.sun.star.configuration.ConfigurationAccess", arguments )

    Dim settingsNames() as String
    settingsNames() = config.ElementNames()

    Dim i as Integer
    Dim names as String
    For i = LBound( settingsNames() ) to UBound( settingsNames() )
      names = names + settingsNames(i) + chr(13)
    Next i

    MsgBox names
  End Sub

Does it show the configuration name of your driver?

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -