Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Marc,

Let me mention that something like this should possible with an
extension, nowadays - all of the the following works completely via UNO API:
1. Adding menu items to applications
2. opening the file/folder picker for browsing for .dbf files
3. creating a (temporary) .odb file to connect to the dBase files
4. triggering the "Copy Table" wizard

The forth is the item which I'm most uncertain about - at least in some
details.

Could you take a few minutes to cover the details you are certain about. Just a place to start looking at for step 4, is all.

( hmm, maybe a quick search of the uno. commands for the dispatcher is the place to start...I don't know )

 However, if anybody wants to embark on such an extension, I'm
willing to quickly fix the issues which raise during the journey. If
possible at all, I'll fix them ASAP, so they would be part of the next
developer snapshot build for continuous development.

Volunteers?

I'm just asking - not volunteering..