Hi Patrick,

>  /usr/lib/hk_classes/drivers/libhk_mdbdriver.so do not exist and seem to be
> required to open mdb files in Linux.
> I can not find a source for this file on the Internet.
>
> Can you help please.

The mdbdriver is alpha work which is not remotely recommended for work
on real-life data. Unfortunately, this fact didn't hinder Debian (and
thus all derived distributions) to include this driver in its
OpenOffice.org packages.

Vanilla OpenOffice.org, as obtained from www.openoffice.org, does not
contain this driver, for very good reasons (the integrity of your data,
that is).

Which has two consequences:
- Your problem is distribution-specific. Please ask in your
  distribution's support channels.
- If you are able to solve the problem, seriously ask yourself whether
  you really should use this driver.

Sorry for not being more helpful.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -