Hi Ariel,

>> interesting, you picked the least-obvious "scripting language" to test,
>> given that Java is the only one which has no UI for editing the "scripts".
>> That's a good thing, actually :)
>
> NOOOO! I was too lazy ;-)
> Have you seen that awful GUI that pops up when you edit a
> Javascript/BeanShell "macro"? No code completion, debugging is awful
> also, etc... So working with the NetBeans IDE is easier. (with Python I
> didn't even try: the IDLE is from the stone-age)

You're right, for *serious* work, JavaScript/BeanShell is ... ehm ...
difficult. For "just try whether it still works", the hurdles for Java
are higher.

> I will do it tonight an d then tell you, for now I can say that a
> message is prompted:
>

> A Scripting Framework error ocurred while running the Java script
> HelloODB.localHello
>
> Message: ScriptResolver.getProxy: Can't find method:
>
> localHello:HelloODB.localHello(com.sun.star.script.provider.XScriptContext,
> java.lang.Short)

Okay, that sounds like something I need to debug.

Thanks & Ciao

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -