Hi people,

following what Drew started a weeks ago, I've tried to reproduce the
database table preview in the Mail Merge wizard:

sw/source/ui/dbui/selectdbtabledialog.cxx
sw/source/ui/dbui/dbtablepreviewdialog.cxx
sw/source/ui/dbui/dbtablepreviewdialog.hrc
sw/source/ui/dbui/dbtablepreviewdialog.src

I've tried the XComponentLoader at the XFrame, its XDispatchProvider,
but all I get is a read-only DSB.

AFAIK my OOoBasic version in the module DataSourceBrowser_2 at

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/temp/FRAME_CONTROL.odt

does quite the "same" as sw/source/ui/dbui/dbtablepreviewdialog.cxx
but using a UNO AWT dialog instead of a SfxModalDialog instance (derived
of vcl ModalDialog), and a css.awt.Window  instead of a vcl Window; but
aren't the UNO wrappers of the others? what am I missing?

The beamer thing Frank mentioned, is not used at all in
dbtablepreviewdialog.cxx (just the name ;-) of the pointer):

if(m_xFrame.is())
    {
        uno::Reference<frame::XDispatchProvider> xDP(m_xFrame,
uno::UNO_QUERY);
        util::URL aURL;
        aURL.Complete = C2U(".component:DB/DataSourceBrowser");
        uno::Reference<frame::XDispatch> xD = xDP->queryDispatch(aURL,
                    C2U(""),
                    0x0C);
        if(xD.is())
        {
            xD->dispatch(aURL, rValues);
            m_pBeamerWIN->Show();
        }
   }

can be translated to OOobasic like this:

        oFrame = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.Frame")
        oFrame.initialize(aWindow)

    aURL.Complete = ".component:DB/DataSourceBrowser"

    oDispatchObject = oFrame.queryDispatch(_
                        aURL, _
                        "",_
                        CInt("&H0C"))
    If IsNull(oDispatchObject) Then
        GoTo CLEAN_UP_DataSourceBrowser_Dispatch
    End If

        aProps(0).Name = "DataSourceName"
    aProps(0).Value = "Bibliography"
    aProps(1).Name = "CommandType"
    aProps(1).Value = com.sun.star.sdb.CommandType.TABLE
    aProps(2).Name = "Command"
    aProps(2).Value = "biblio"

        aProps(3).Name = "ShowTreeView"
        aProps(3).Value = FALSE
        aProps(4).Name = "ShowTreeViewButton"
        aProps(4).Value = FALSE
        aProps(5).Name = "ShowMenu"
        aProps(5).Value = FALSE

    oDispatchObject.dispatch(aURL, aProps)

As you see no findFrame("_beamer") at all in the C++ code.
What am I missing? May be the settings when creating the window? but I've
tried every combination... :-(

Regards
Ariel.

SIDE NOTE: the SwDBTablePreviewDialog does not follow the dialog design
rules: between the "beamer" window and the command button there is much
space!

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.