Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany escribió:
Hi Ariel,

As you can see in the pictures I send to your mail (the mailing list
does not allow), this happens with checkboxes and radiobuttons with
height of 8 map: the graphic for the circle (radiobuttons) and the
square (checkboxes) does not paint properly, it seems to have a fixed size.

It runs out that some/most dialogs follow
Christian Jansen, Dialog Specification and Guidelines - Visual Design.
http://ui.openoffice.org/knowledge/DialogSpecificationandGuidelines.odt[1]

where the height for radioboxes and checkboxes is 8, while in

/svtools/inc/controldims.hrc [to see where is included:
http://lxr.go-oo.org/search?string=controldims.hrc [2]  ]

RSC_CD_CHECKBOX_HEIGHT = 10
RSC_CD_RADIOBUTTON_HEIGHT = 10

that's why the Options, among others, looks good; but not other.
Shall I visit issue tracker?

Oh dear ... Please do, that's a more generic problem:

The "8" in the rules (and in some of the SRCs) means "8/8 of the height
of the font". That is, for years now, the rule was that fixed texts, and
check boxes, and radio buttons, have to have the height of the font -
which is reasonable, isn't it?

Now with native look, we started using the system routines for painting
certain elements - in particular, the images in front of the radio
button / check box text are now provided by the system, and obviously,
they're higher than the used font is. Strange enough. I fear we can't
change this except by changing the rules and all affected places - even
if this doesn't scale: what if tomorrow there's a desktop theme where
the images are 12/8 of the font height? On the long term, only a layout
manager will help here.

just for curiosity: why /svtools/inc/controldims.hrc states 10 instead of 8? Is it older than most SRCs using 8? It seems to be younger (as it is not very often used in the source code).

Finally: this belongs to framework-UI, not?

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.