I downloaded RC6 and tested TODAY() in report tool, with SRB 1.0.2 (from Pavel).

I put first Date/time fields into Page footer and moved between report parts by mouse.

My findings:

If I put Date into Page header/footer I can not change with General/formatting settings changes with OOo language and local settings, another language settings usually give me the system date format. Date dialog box allways shows selected date format, only executed report gives wrong format.

In details and report header/footer date settings changes as settings change.

In Time filed NOW() is funny, it shows in all places in executed report, -12 hour to system time, such as 13:00 shows as 01:00 AM, if I selected HH:MM AM/PM settings.

Zoltan