Hi Drew,

Andrew Jensen escribió:
HI,

Well - my first attempt to build the software went down in flames. The
build failed in the compile of the HSDQLdb jar file - go figure the
chances of that happening.

the same happened to me my first time :-)

The first error was:
/home/drew/OOo_2.4_m12/ooo_OOH680_m12_src/hsqldb/unxlngx6.pro/misc/b
uild/hsqldb/src/org/hsqldb/jdbc/jdbcConnection.java:403: org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcCon
nection is not abstract and does not override abstract method createStruct(java.
lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) in java.sql.Connection

Followed by the same basic error for , jdbStatement,
jdbcCallableStatement, jdbcResultSetMetadata and a few more.

The build environment is:
OS - Kubuntu 7.1 AMD64
gcc 4.1.3
SUN JDK 6-03-0ubuntu2

Do I need to lower the JDK version perhaps?

yes. HSQL does not build with the latest JDK. I build with jdk1.5.0_13 and works fine. Try running configure again with the switch --with-jdk-home , for example

--with-jdk-home=/home/ariel/java/jdk1.5.0_13

If you do not want to install another JDK, follow the instructions in http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel to unpack the rpms

Notice that it is better if you clean ALL you have build up to now, if not you will get errors because of building with two different JDKs.

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.