Hallo Ocke,

Am Freitag, 27. Februar 2009 07:43 schrieb Ocke Janssen:
> On 26.02.09 22:25, Karl Weber wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that the OOo community is interested in a new filter dialog --
> > according to [1]. I would like to contribute a specification. Note,
> > however, that I do not plan to do any coding. Someone else would have to
> > implement the specification.
> >

> May be someone on this list just want to do the coding but is afraid of
> the specification. ;-)
>
> > I think, there should only be _one_ filter dialog that is used during
> > design time, i.e. to add a filter to a query or table, and that is also
> > used by the end user in a form. I agree with what is said in [1]: The
> > design is an important part of the project. I think it is not an easy
> > task to create a filter dialog that can represend any filter condition
> > that is logically possible and that is intuitive for the designer and the
> > end user.
> >
> > Is there still any interest, in particular in getting just a
> > specification?
>
> Sure. That would bring us one step further.

So I _could_ start...? I guess I have to use the specification template for
Writer.

On [2] I found some other things that need to be done/checked before I start:
(-- denotes a quote)

--Q1 [Feature/Enhancement]
--Does an unambiguously clear feature or enhancement request exists?

Well, does one exist? I hope the description in [1] is enough to fullfill this
request. If not, what has to be done?

--Q2 [Concept]:
--For changes requiring modifications in more than one application: Is
--there product concept available, which is understandable to the
--intended readership?

I guess, this is irrelevant, since only one application is concerned: Base.

--Q3 [Project-Resources]:
--Do you have a project team? An OpenOffice.org feature is always
--being developed by an Implementation Team (i-Team). An i-Team consists
--at least of two distinct persons:

--    * A developer (required)
--    * A QA representative (required)
--    * A User Experience member (required only if the feature or bug
--      fix affects the user interface or the behavior of the application)

This is my first problem. How do I get this i-team? I have to specify their
names in the spec. I can ask for a QA representative as described, but where
do I get a developer? And how do I get a User Experience member?

--Q4 [i-Team Agreement]:
--Do all i-Team members agree on Q1 - Q3?

Well, first I need these three people...

--What happens if I can't answer all questions mentioned above, with Yes?
--The consequence could be that your valuable work won't be integrated
--into OpenOffice.org.

So, at the moment I should better not start.... or should I? Although it might
not be necessary to meet all these requirements as long as only the spec is
going to be written, it would be a good idea to involve at least a User
Experience member.

I hope these are the only requirements that may have to be fullfilled. It
would be great if you could help me meet them!

Thanks in advance,

-Karl

[1] http://dba.openoffice.org/development/projects.html#new_filter
[2] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Specification