Fernand Vanrie wrote:
Ocke ,

Sorry but I tried this all before and again =-) : also & is not working:

Windows - SRB 1.2 -OO 3.2.0

Sould i fill a issue ?
Yes, please. :-)

- oj

Fernand

Hi Fernand,

Fernand Vanrie wrote:
Ocke Janssen wrote:
Jocke,
Thanks for the Reply, but no i Tried al this stuff before

LEFT([textfieldname] ; 3 ) is working and returns the first 3 chararters of the field

text must been included in double quotes "text" > works

fields must been include in scuare brackets [Textfiledname]

[Textfieldname] + " "+ [Textfiledname] not working results in a empty field..
I just had a look at the source code and you are right. The code must be with ampersand &

[Textfieldname] & " "& [Textfieldname]

Best regards,

Ocke

Fernand

Fernand Vanrie wrote:
Maybe a stupid  question or  i looked just over it

: but why is a very usefull text Function as CONCAT or CONCATENATE not available in the Sun Report Builder ?
I don't remember exactly but shouldn't it be possible to just write
'column1' + ' '  + 'column2'

- oj

I know, there are Queries to do things like that (supposes we build for every Report a new Query...), but Concatenate a part of field with some 'text' or other parts is more handy than some other available text Functions.as URLENCODE etc...

Joining the field parts as separate controls is al so a work around but by making URL's for pictures we need to do something like

concat('///myserver/mydirectory ; LEFT(TEXT[urlFIELD]);10); 'etc...')

Hope it helps to improve SRB and thanks for all the exellent work done to make this tool available!

Fernand

Ocke Janssen                      Tel: +49 40 23646 661, x66661
Dipl. Inf(FH)                     Fax: +49 40 23646 550
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Nagelsweg 55                      mailto:ocke.jans...@sun.com
D-20097 Hamburg                   http://www.sun.com/staroffice

Sitz der Gesellschaft: