Hi folks!

Yesterday I gave a presentation about CDI and testing.
It’s still pretty hard and costly to test projects which use EJBs in business
projects as Arquillian is not a good fit for those most of the times.
And once again the idea popped up that it would be easy to just start a CDI
container and use portable Extensions to ‚re-route‘ @Stateless, @Singleton etc
and implement them as CDI features. Same could be done for @Asynchronous etc.
The Transaction handling could be done by dynamically adding @Transactional
with a @TransactionScoped EntityManager
@Resource etc injection could be handled via Extensions as well.

This is NOT an attempt to implement a fully fledged and compatible EJB server.
This is purely intended for having a quick way to test EJB projects with a very
fast bootstrap.
I know this has been done many times already, thus it’s finally time to start a
joint effort imo ;)

Any ideas, feedback?

LieGrue,
strub