I'm afraid I won't have a lot of spare time for coding before Christmas, and I'm not much of an authority on WildFly Embedded either, I'm just using it a lot (via Pax Exam) for most integration tests of my daytime projects.

Have a look at [1] for the Pax Exam WildFly Container - if there are any questions on that, I'm happy to help.

Yes, Pax Exam is ASLv2, so you can copy and reuse whatever you like.

Once you start coding on a branch or fork, just send me a link...

[1] https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.exam2/blob/exam-reactor-4.7.0/containers/pax-exam-container-wildfly90/src/main/java/org/ops4j/pax/exam/wildfly90/WildFly90TestContainer.java

Regards,
Harald